Benin signed the Maputo Protocol in February 2004 and ratified in September, 2015.
- National Gender Promotion Policy and its 2010-2015 Action Plan
- Within the framework of the implementation of the National Gender Promotion Policy (PNPG) in Benin, several actions have been carried out with a view to the short-term reduction and the long-term eradication of the disparities between the two components of the Beninese society in the legal, economic, social and educational fields. We can especially remember:
– strengthening the institutionalization of gender at all levels as well as the effective application of national and international conventions and texts favorable to gender equality and equity;
– the commitment of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Microfinance, Technical and Financial Partners and civil society in actions aimed at raising the awareness of women and men for the promotion of gender in all development sectors; – taking gender into account in the development of PDCs;
– the organization of coordination meetings of gender focal points of sectoral ministries and state institutions by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Microfinance with funding from Swiss Cooperation;
– training of Gender Focal Points of Ministries on gender sensitive budgeting;
– the establishment of focal gender units in ministries