Terms / Privacy
- To contribute to the accelerated ratification of the Protocol in the states that have not ratified the Protocol. See the Protocol Watch
- To support the domestication and implementation of the Protocol in states that have ratified it.
- To implement tracking and documentation mechanisms on the Protocol at the national and sub- regional levels.
- To strengthen national community mobilisation efforts to popularise and use the Protocol.
- To enhance conceptual clarity of coalition members around advocating for the Protocol.
Coordinate support at a regional level to ensure a linked-up campaign
Advocate nationally and regionally for universal ratification of the protocol
Use national, regional, continental and international forums to engage governments in discussions over the ratification and implementation of the protocol
Maintain close collaboration with the African Union Commission, the AU Legal Counsel, the Special Rapporteur on the Rights of African Women, the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, and the African Human and Peoples’ Rights Court.
Expand its popularisation campaign by developing materials and programmes for broadcasting on national and community radio stations across the continent.
Widely distribute a practitioner’s manual on application of the African Women’s Rights Protocol for legal action on promoting women’s rights; and offer relevant training on the same.