Sierra Leone signed the Maputo Protocol in December, 2003 and ratified it in July, 2015.
- 2013-2018: The Agenda for Prosperity, which is a Poverty Reduction Strategy “made provisions for a standalone pillar on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment in the National Development Plan”.
- 2017: National Land Policy, estblished to promote GEWE by increasing women’s access to land and ownership.
- 2017-2020: National Strategy for Financial Inclusion, aims “to make financial services available, accessible anf affordable for all Sierra Leoneans and MSMEs, and support inclusive and resilient private-sector led growth” .
- 2010-2013: National Gender Strategic Plan (mid term review in 2012).
- 2019-2023: National Gender Plan finalised. This plan is aligned to the Agenda 2030.